Before you make an interlibrary loan article request, make sure the journal in which in article appears is not housed in Legacy Library. To find out if a journal is in Legacy Library, search the library's catalog.
Ways to make an interlibrary loan article request:
Requesting an item from scratch
- Go to https://mcnet.marietta.edu/libsecure/forms/ill.php.
- When the login form appears, type in your Marietta College username and password, choose Journal Article as your material type, and click Create Request
- There are three parts to the ILL request form. The first part of the form requires you to provide information about the item you wish to request. Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*).
- The second part of the form contains your patron information. The information comes directly from your patron record in the library's computer system. If you wish to provide alternate contact information in this section, you may do so.
- On the last part of the form, you have the option of submitting another request. To do this, choose a material type and click on Submit Another Request. If you do not intend to submit another request, then just click on Submit Request.
- After you click on Submit Request, a confirmation of your request is displayed.
- After you submit an ILL request, our interlibrary loan staff person receives it through email and then requests it from other libraries on your behalf. If a library is able to fill the request, it sends it to our interlibrary loan staff person who then notifies you that it has arrived at the library or is available for download by you.
Requesting an item from an EBSCO database (e.g. Academic Search Complete)
If the full text of an article is not available in an EBSCO database, you will see a link in the article record that will take you to the library's ILL request form login screen.
When you arrive at the ILL login screen, notice that request type has already been selected for you.
After you log in to the form, notice that the article information and your patron information are already filled in. All you then have to do is click on Submit Request.